Curtis 1239-8501 AC controller
Curtis 1239-8501 AC controller
100 in stock
AC INDUCTION MOTOR CONTROLLER
Only Curtis AC can offer:
• Curtis VCL -Vehicle Control Language is an easy to use programming language that allows vehicle developers to write powerful logic functions and create a ‘virtual system controller’. Curtis offers customers VCL development tools and training. Curtis also provides a VCL service where Curtis engineers will work with the OEM to create any custom VCL code required.
• Indirect Field Orientation (IFO) vector control algorithm generates the maximum possible torque and efficiency across the entire speed range. Advanced Curtis IFO vector control provides superb drive ‘feel’, improved speed regulation and increased gradeability.
• Curtis Auto-Tune function enables quick and easy characterization of the AC motor without having to remove it from the vehicle. Curtis AC controllers are fully compatible with any brand of AC motor.
• Dual-Drive functionality is standard, allowing correct control of vehicles such as 3-wheel counterbalance trucks or other applications featuring twin traction motors. This function ensures smooth and safe operation, minimal tire wear and correct load sharing between the traction motors at all times.
• Configurable CANbus connection allows communication with other CANbus enabled devices. These models are CANopen compatible and can be further customized and configured using VCL.
Integrated System Controller – More than just motor controllers, they are also powerful system controllers. They feature a comprehensive allocation of multi-function I/O pins for use as analog inputs, digital inputs, contactor coil drivers and proportional valve drivers. In addition to this local I/O, these controllers can use VCL to map and configure the remote I/O available on other CANbus devices, send messages to CAN displays and thus control and monitor the entire system.
Advanced functionality, compact power
• High frequency, silent operation across the 0–300Hz stator frequency range.
• Models available for 350–800A output at 24–96V system voltages. These are true 2 minute RMS ratings, not short duration ‘boost’ ratings.
• Powerful operating system allows parallel processing of vehicle control tasks, motor control tasks and user configurable programmable logic.
• Advanced Pulse Width Modulation techniques produce low motor harmonics, low torque ripple and minimized heating losses, resulting in high efficiency.
• Programmable for either traction or pump applications.
• Field upgradeable software.
• Integrated Battery state-of-charge algorithm and hour meter.
• Multi-ModeTM provides user-selectable vehicle operating
• Fully-featured generic software and VCL for typical
Warehouse Truck applications is included.
• Comprehensive programming options and VCL allow other
applications to be easily supported.
• Curtis hand-held or PC Windows programming tools provide
easy programming and powerful system diagnostic tools.
• Integrated status LED provides instant diagnostic indication.
Robust Safety and Reliability
• Insulated Metal Substrate power base provides superior heat
transfer for increased reliability.
• Fail-Safe power component design.
• Redundant hardware watchdog timers.
• Reverse polarity protection on battery connections.
• Short circuit protection on all output drivers.
• Thermal cutback, warning, and automatic shutdown provide
protection to motor and controller.
• Rugged sealed housing and connectors meet IP65
environmental sealing standards for use in harsh
Meets or complies with relevant US and
EMC: Designed to the requirements of EN12895
Safety: Designed to the requirements of EN1175
IP65 Rated per IEC 529
Regulatory compliance of the complete vehicle system with the
controller installed is the responsibility of the vehicle OEM.